【Miki Otake Positions, Qualifications】
・Member of Mainichi Shodokai(Calligraphers Society)
・Examiner for student examinations at Sogen Shodokai
・Administrative Member of Mainichi Joryu Syoten(Women Calligrapher's Exhibition)
・Director of Western Japan Calligraphers Association
・Councilor of Western Japan Mainichi Shodokai
Other

【History of Exhibits, Activities】
《Overseas》
Japan-China Women Calligraphers Exhibition (China Museum, Beijing) International Calligraphy Exhibition (Jiangsu Museum, Nanjing)

《Domestic》
Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Exhibition of Japanese Poetry and Calligrapher Association, Women Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Selection of Mainichi Joryu Syoten (Kyoto), Japan Cultural Festival, Kyusyu Exhibition - Japanese Calligraphy Exhibition, Mainichi Syodou Sakkaten (Selection of Calligraphers in the West area of Japan), Exhibition of Mainichi Modern Calligraphy, Kyusyu Sogen Selection, Other.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My mind is in panic now



I have to complete four pieces of work within the end of March.
All of them have been recommended and selected by the calligraphic society I belong to,
and will be displayed on representative calligraphy exhibition in Japan.
That really is an honor. Heavy responsibility lies on me.
It can be said that such task is the fate imposed on those who have decided to take their stand
in the principle school of Japanese calligraphy ("honryu").This principle school has been my path.

"Something" unknown started growing deep inside my heart several years before (actually much longer before). It grew larger year by year, and now that "something" has taken clear shape .

I want to express myself freely!

The Japanese calligraphic world - it has been accumulating its history and lasting
endlessly. I don't want to be like those who critique and criticize Japanese calligraphic
world, acting like competent calligraphers without taking their stand in honryu.
On the other hand, I would like to bring up "something" that has grown inside of me.
It may be secondary now, but I would like to bring it up to a stream as large as the
mainstream - honryu.


I have opened a heavy door.
Now that it's clear what direction to take, poems, words, and expression that I want to write are coming into my mind one after another. Just like I am not the same today as I was yesterday, I want to improve myself every tomorrow. I would like to create the world of progressive calligraphy.

My mind panics because of happiness!!

No comments: