【Miki Otake Positions, Qualifications】
・Member of Mainichi Shodokai(Calligraphers Society)
・Examiner for student examinations at Sogen Shodokai
・Administrative Member of Mainichi Joryu Syoten(Women Calligrapher's Exhibition)
・Director of Western Japan Calligraphers Association
・Councilor of Western Japan Mainichi Shodokai
Other

【History of Exhibits, Activities】
《Overseas》
Japan-China Women Calligraphers Exhibition (China Museum, Beijing) International Calligraphy Exhibition (Jiangsu Museum, Nanjing)

《Domestic》
Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Exhibition of Japanese Poetry and Calligrapher Association, Women Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Selection of Mainichi Joryu Syoten (Kyoto), Japan Cultural Festival, Kyusyu Exhibition - Japanese Calligraphy Exhibition, Mainichi Syodou Sakkaten (Selection of Calligraphers in the West area of Japan), Exhibition of Mainichi Modern Calligraphy, Kyusyu Sogen Selection, Other.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Feeling relived



I won the “quasi-grand prize” at the calligraphy exhibition called “Sogen Exhibition”.

Because of misunderstanding and mismatched sense of values, I hadn’t been given satisfactory remarks from my master.
Through the hard times, I almost lost heart many times, wondering if I was wrong.
Still I could hold on to my will because of many people who helped me behind the scenes and my daughters who supported me.
I won the prize as a result of gathered votes from the judges, and I believe it meant “the way you have lived your life is fine”.

The joy to get out of the long tunnel relieved me…this is how I honestly feel.

Please watch the way I will live my life.
I declare that my activities won’t betray you.

No comments: