【Miki Otake Positions, Qualifications】
・Member of Mainichi Shodokai(Calligraphers Society)
・Examiner for student examinations at Sogen Shodokai
・Administrative Member of Mainichi Joryu Syoten(Women Calligrapher's Exhibition)
・Director of Western Japan Calligraphers Association
・Councilor of Western Japan Mainichi Shodokai
Other

【History of Exhibits, Activities】
《Overseas》
Japan-China Women Calligraphers Exhibition (China Museum, Beijing) International Calligraphy Exhibition (Jiangsu Museum, Nanjing)

《Domestic》
Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Exhibition of Japanese Poetry and Calligrapher Association, Women Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Selection of Mainichi Joryu Syoten (Kyoto), Japan Cultural Festival, Kyusyu Exhibition - Japanese Calligraphy Exhibition, Mainichi Syodou Sakkaten (Selection of Calligraphers in the West area of Japan), Exhibition of Mainichi Modern Calligraphy, Kyusyu Sogen Selection, Other.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

September



As scheduled in September I got out of shape because of accumulated busyness in the summer. Also I had no free time as usual.

On September 28, the collaboration between Ms. Y, a calligrapher whom I respect, and a famous artist, was held in “Akiyoshidai International Art Village” which is famous for the calcareous cave. Creating impromptu works for two hours each in the morning and afternoon was collision of talents, which showed us the great process of creation and works.

However it was a phrase from Mr. Y’s free talk that was strongly impressive to me - the faith to “write a work that remains for thousand years”.
I have heard these words once before. He advised me to “write a work that remains for thousand years” when I was dithering. He told his clear decision to me. I felt grateful again.

Ms. Y is now lives out of a wheelchair. Being handicapped, she is rather enjoying all of her life saying “I don’t think I am unhappy now. I can write characters that I can write only now.”
When writing on a big piece of paper while she is in the wheelchair, a brush (her arm) cannot reach it. She uses a brush with an extended shaft.
I am moved to tears by her positive and strong way to live and inconvenience that cannot be avoid after all…

The beautiful sound of “thousand years” surges. In contrast to the beautiful sound, I have to make a heavy decision…
I think I have to be prepared to face the endless flow of time.

No comments: