【Miki Otake Positions, Qualifications】
・Member of Mainichi Shodokai(Calligraphers Society)
・Examiner for student examinations at Sogen Shodokai
・Administrative Member of Mainichi Joryu Syoten(Women Calligrapher's Exhibition)
・Director of Western Japan Calligraphers Association
・Councilor of Western Japan Mainichi Shodokai
Other

【History of Exhibits, Activities】
《Overseas》
Japan-China Women Calligraphers Exhibition (China Museum, Beijing) International Calligraphy Exhibition (Jiangsu Museum, Nanjing)

《Domestic》
Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Exhibition of Japanese Poetry and Calligrapher Association, Women Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Selection of Mainichi Joryu Syoten (Kyoto), Japan Cultural Festival, Kyusyu Exhibition - Japanese Calligraphy Exhibition, Mainichi Syodou Sakkaten (Selection of Calligraphers in the West area of Japan), Exhibition of Mainichi Modern Calligraphy, Kyusyu Sogen Selection, Other.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Can’t believe the bone is broken!!??


A misfortune slipped into a space in my mind that took a rest after the 5th Miki Otake’s Intracompany Exhibition (November 19th – 24th).

On December 2nd, the door chime…rang, rang, and rang.
I rushed down to the door just like falling from upstairs (with a weird “snap”!!...??)
The snap came from my left toe. It rapidly got swollen so I put a compress on it. However, pain developed and I went to the hospital.

“It’s broken.”

What!?
I sent e-mails to my friends, “I had my bone broken!” Almost all of them replied to me, “think about your age!”

Oh my God! Did I do something wrong?
My enjoyment in winter, swaggering in heeled boots…is warned with the red light this winter.

The only consolation is a pair of sheepskin boots that my daughter sent to me. I can wear them even with my left foot, which has been fixed and grown large. I’m glad these boots are trendy this year! They are dyed in vivid purple, which is also this year’s trendy color (laugh). Looking at my foot, I spend days with deep sighs....

No comments: