【Miki Otake Positions, Qualifications】
・Member of Mainichi Shodokai(Calligraphers Society)
・Examiner for student examinations at Sogen Shodokai
・Administrative Member of Mainichi Joryu Syoten(Women Calligrapher's Exhibition)
・Director of Western Japan Calligraphers Association
・Councilor of Western Japan Mainichi Shodokai
Other

【History of Exhibits, Activities】
《Overseas》
Japan-China Women Calligraphers Exhibition (China Museum, Beijing) International Calligraphy Exhibition (Jiangsu Museum, Nanjing)

《Domestic》
Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Exhibition of Japanese Poetry and Calligrapher Association, Women Calligrapher's Exhibition of Japanese Calligraphers Group Association, Selection of Mainichi Joryu Syoten (Kyoto), Japan Cultural Festival, Kyusyu Exhibition - Japanese Calligraphy Exhibition, Mainichi Syodou Sakkaten (Selection of Calligraphers in the West area of Japan), Exhibition of Mainichi Modern Calligraphy, Kyusyu Sogen Selection, Other.

Monday, May 25, 2009

KOTO-DAMA




It’s been said that a spirit lies in a word, and there is a word “言霊 kotodama” in Japan.
Since kanji has meaning on its own, it’s easy to understand.
“言” exactly refers to a “word”. “霊” is a spirit. It means that a word spoken or written by a person has his/her thought or feeling.
I handle words carefully more than anybody else. I’m proud of it. So it’s often nerve-wracking to be too sensitive to words and deeds of other people.


On a TV show on the other day, a famous professor of Japanese literature said that he would put good words on somewhere noticeable.
he also said that an inspiring word written on his T-shirt for a lecture would lead to success.

In my case…when I go to a shrine, I buy “おみくじ omikuji”, seeing this month’s luck or today’s luck, good one encourages me and bad one makes me careful.
Then I buy a charm for a souvenir. I believe in not all of these things, but I find myself attracted by something spiritual.
For my works, I will write words that make people cheerful and happy when they see them.

On June 7th, I’m going to Tokyo for the celebration of Mr. Nishibayash (as mentioned before, my teacher from university)’s kiju (77th birthday) and publication.
I will meet both old and new faces at Teikoku Hotel. I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: